The finalists are all part of the Life & Health Insurance Network at Summit Business Media, Erlanger, Ky. – the publisher of National Underwriter Life & Health and the NU Online News Service.
The American Society of Business Publication Editors (ASBPE), Wheaton, Ill., runs the Azbee award program to recognize excellence in business-to-business (B-to-B) publishing. The top award winners will be announced in August in Chicago, at the ASBPE National Editorial Conference.
The Summit Business Media Azbee finalists are:
- Agent’s Sales Journal (September 2010) – Best How-To Article for its step-by-step guide to “Building An Agency”
- Benefits Selling (December 2010) – Best Feature Article Design for “You Can’t Go Home Again.”
- Life Insurance Selling (April 2010) – Best Individual Profile, for its profile of Larry Barton, president of The American College.
- National Underwriter Life & Health (Nov. 22, 2010) – Best Featured Series for its investigation “Inside the NAIC.”
- National Underwriter Life & Health (Nov. 8, 2010) – Best News Analysis/Investigative article, for its report on the GOP capture of the House in “Back In Business.”
- Senior Market Advisor (November 2010) – Best Web Feature Article for following father-daughter financial superheroes in “A Day In The Life.”
“We are very excited to have six Azbee nominations from the Life & Health Insurance Network,” says Dave O’Neil, group publisher for the Life & Health Insurance Network. “This is a great reflection of the quality editorial and design in our publications and websites that have made us the Number 1 information provider in the life and health insurance markets.”
“For a B-to-B editor, winning an Azbee is a career highlight,” says James E. Green, group editor-in-chief of the Life & Health Insurance Network. “The fact that five different brands are finalists for six separate awards testifies to the talent we have across Summit’s Life and Health Insurance Network and the quality work we’re doing.”
- Allison Bell