New York Life Insurance Company has named Don Salama to be a senior vice president at its Tampa, Fla., operations.
Salama previously was chief strategy officer and senior managing director of New York Life Investments, according to New York Life Insurance Company.
In other personnel news:
- The Commonwealth Fund Commission on a High Performance Health System, New York, has appointed Dr. David Blumenthal to be its new chairman.
Blumenthal previously was selected by President Obama to be national coordinator for health information technology. He is a professor of health care policy at Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School.
Blumenthal will succeed the commission’s founding chairman, Dr. James J. Morgan, who died May 3.
- Digital Insurance Inc., Atlanta, has hired Susan Thayer to be vice president of client services.
Thayer previously was benefits operations manager for USI Insurance Services L.L.C., Briarcliff Manor, New York
- Creative Marketing International Corp., Leawood, Kan., has hired Bernice Casey to be a senior underwriting consultant and life insurance underwriting instructor for its life sales team.
Casey previously was a remote underwriter and senior underwriting consultant at John Hancock, Boston, a unit of Manulife Financial Corp., Toronto (TSX:MFC).
- Burnham Gibson Financial Group Inc., Irvine, Calif., has hired Nate Carlon to be a financial consultant.
Other personnel changes columns from National Underwriter Life & Health:
- Personnel Changes: Michigan, CIGNA, ING, Aetna, OneAmerica, Securian
- Personnel Changes: Hartford, National Life, USAA Life, Se2, Starr, Conning, Catalyst
- Personnel Changes: New York Life, Towers Watson, Griffin Financial, SIA, CBTV
- Personnel Changes: Allianz, W&S Financial Group, American United, Deloitte, Venable
- Personnel Changes: IAIS, Security Benefit, Allianz Life, Symetra, Lockton, RBC