Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn has appointed Jack Messmore to be acting insurance director.
Messmore assumed his role on Monday after serving as deputy director, assistant deputy director and examiner-in-charge at the department for more than 25 years.
Messmore succeeds Michael McRaith, who recently left to become the first director of the new Federal Insurance Office at the U.S. Treasury Department.
- Phil Gusman
Other insurance regulator coverage from National Underwriter Life & Health:
- New York Insurance Regulators Get New Boss
- Jane Cline to Leave W.Va. Commissioner s Post
- Mila Kofman Leaves Maine Department; New York Reorganizes
- Adam Hamm to Succeed Michael McRaith as NAIC Secretary-Treasury
- Ken Ross to Leave Michigan Insurance Post
- Thomas Leonardi to Run Connecticut Department
- Michael Consedine to Head Pennsylvania Department