If you want to achieve long-term success in sales you need to give 100 percent in every sales call, presentation, or meeting with clients and prospects. If you deliver anything less, you are not being perfect and missing valuable opportunities to make more sales and grow your business. Before any sales interaction, I urge you to think of what you need to do to be perfect.
- What research should you conduct before you call that new prospect?
- Is your voicemail message or prospecting email on target and designed to capture their attention?
- What preparation do you need to do before you meet with them?
- What questions should you ask to gain a better understanding of their current situation?
- Do you need to practice your presentation to ensure you can deliver it flawlessly?
- What can you do to enhance your sales presentation, so it rocks?
- What objections do you need to prepare for?
- What can you do to stand out from your competition?
It is highly unlikely you will ever execute a perfect sales call — I don’t think there is such a thing. However, if you strive for that perfection, you will boost your performance and improve your ability to increase your sales.
Psst! Have you checked it out yet? Vote on 2011′s Best Sales and Marketing Ideas!
Sign up for The Lead and get a new tip in your inbox every day! More tips:
- Lead generation trends: Using attraction marketing
- Advisor opportunity: Take advantage of the CFP campaign
- Advisors: How to adopt a targeted referral strategy
Kelley Robertson helps sales professionals with their sales conversations in an effort to win more business at higher profits. Get a free copy of “100 Ways to Increase Your Sales” and “Sales Blunders That Cost You Money” at http://www.Fearless-Selling.ca.