Ken Fisher on stock picking, Mary Schapiro on the government shutdown, Mohamed El-Erian on QE2: we’ve had interesting conversations lately with superstars in our industry, and they shouldn’t be missed.
With all that’s happening—in the Middle East, Japan, regulation and the budget mess in our own country, as well as skyrocketing oil prices and the travails of Europe—the insight they provide will go a long way in explaining (and comforting) world events to your clients, and how these macro happenings can impact micro portfolios.
Here are our top 10 exclusive interviews recently conducted by AdvisorOne staff, in no particular order:
1) Ken Fisher on Picking Stocks, Learning From P&G and Kipling
What Fisher advises RIA leaders to do may surprise you.
2) Mary Schapiro Describes How SEC Would Deal With Govt. Shutdown: Exclusive Interview
Some market surveillance would continue, but SEC's hiring plans would likely be affected.
3) Mohamed El-Erian of PIMCO on Why QE2 May Backfire: Exclusive Interview
PIMCO’s CEO tells Futures of his outlook for bonds, how to navigate the "new normal."
4) Michael Oxley Describes New Role as FINRA Lobbyist: Exclusive Interview
Former GOP congressman says more funds for SEC unlikely in 2012 budget; SRO option only one to survive this Congress.
5) Finding ‘Balance’ in Retirement Income—Prudential’s Christine Marcks: Weekend Interview