ING Groep N.V. has hired Alain Karaoglan to be executive vice president, finance and strategy, at ING Insurance U.S. and help prepare the unit for an initial public stock offering.
The New York-based U.S. arm of ING, Amsterdam (NYSE:ING), says Karaoglan will be responsible for capital management activities and the development of an investor relations function.
Karaoglan previously was head of divestitures at American International Group Inc., New York (NYSE:AIG).
Karaoglan has a bachelor’s degree in economics and business from Pepperdine University and a master’s degree in business from Dartmouth College.
In other personnel news:
- Standard & Poor Ratings Services, New York, has promoted Mark Puccia, the criteria manager for its insurance rating team, to global criteria officer for corporate ratings.
Emmanuel Dubois-Pelerin, an analyst in the Paris office, will now handle insurance criteria.
Rodney Clark, an S&P managing director, will be promoted to deputy chair of the global insurance criteria committee.
- The Pennsylvania Insurance Department has promoted Randy Rohrbaugh to executive deputy insurance commissioner.
Rohrbaugh will be chief of staff and also will be responsible for the Office of Insurance Product Regulation and Administration. He has a bachelor’s degree from Pennsylvania State University.
- American United Insurance Company, Indianapolis, a unit of OneAmerica Financial Partners Inc., has hired Brandon Kaboski to be vice president of national accounts.
Kaboski previously was director of corporate retirement programs at the U.S. arm of UBS, New York.
Kaboski has a bachelor’s degree from William Paterson University College of Business and a master’s degree in business administration from Monmouth University.
- Symetra Life Insurance Company, Bellevue, Wash., has hired Mike Tinsley to be senior vice president of life product development and client solutions.
Tinsley previously was vice president of life product development and strategic marketing at Pacific Life Insurance Company, Newport Beach, Calif.
Tinsley has a bachelor’s degree in political science from California State University, Long Beach.
- Unum Group Corp., Chattanooga, Tenn. (NYSE:UNM), has hired Breege Farrell to succeed David Fussell as senior vice president and chief investment officer.
Fussell retired in 2008.
Farrell previously was at Allstate Corp., Northbrook, Ill. (NYSE:ALL). He has a bachelor’s degree in economics, Spanish, and psychology from Emory University and a master’s degree in business administration from New York University.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona, Phoenix, has promoted Jeff Stelnik to senior vice president of strategy, sales and marketing.
Stelnik previously was leader of the strategy and informatics department and will continue to lead this department.
Stelnik has a bachelor’s degree in mathematics and quantitative economics from Tufts University. He is a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries.
- The American College, Bryn Mawr, Pa., has promoted Claudia Stowers to vice president of advancement.
Stowers previously was associate vice president of advancement at the college. She has a bachelor’s degree from Meredith College.
- Hooper Holmes Inc., Basking Ridge, N.J. (NYSE Amex:HH), has hired Dr. Gurmukh Singh to be lab director and Dr. Patricia Thomas to be assistant lab director at Heritage Labs International.
Singh now is the director of clinical pathology at the Truman Medical Centers and a pathology professor at the University of Missouri at Kansas City.
Thomas is an associate dean and professor of pathology and laboratory medicine at the University of Kansas Medical Center.
- Benecard Services Inc., Orlando, Fla., has hired Drew Crawford to be president and chief executive officer of its prescription benefit facilitator program.
Crawford previously was an executive at Caremark Rx, Birmingham, Ala.
- HealthView Services Inc., Danvers, Mass., has hired Charlie Baker to be a strategic advisor.
Baker previously operated Harvard Pilgrim Healthcare, Wellesley, Mass., and he recently ran for governor of Massachusetts as a Republican.
Other personnel changes columns from National Underwriter Life & Health:
- Personnel Changes: Northwestern Mutual, National Life, Standard, ING, Curian, Securian, CNO, Custom Disability, Longfellow, Wolters Kluwer
- Personnel Changes: Jackson National, ING, Allianz Life, Mutual of Omaha, Transamerica, CBIZ, Wolters Kluwer, PHX
- Personnel Changes: New York Life, Word & Brown, Hartford, Lincoln, Securian, Humana, ExamOne, Chadbourne, EisenerAmper
- Personnel Changes: Hartford, AIG, Transamerica, Great-West, Starr, Futurity, Willis, PHX
- Personnel Changes: Security Benefit, Principal, Hartford, Ohio