A unit of Citigroup Inc. is asking $22.75 per share for 12 million shares of Primerica Inc. common stock.
The unit of Citigroup, New York (NYSE:C), is also giving the offering underwriters an option to buy up to 1.8 million additional shares issued by Primerica, Duluth, Ga. (NYSE:PRI).
Citigroup acquired Primerica in 1988, then spun it off by holding a public offering in April 2010. After the April 2010 offering, Citigroup still controlled more than 30% of Primerica’s common stock.
When the current offering is completed, Citigroup will own about 20.7% to 23.1% of Primerica’s common stock, according to Primerica.
Citigroup will receive all need proceeds from the offering, Primerica says.
Primerica distributes financial products through a network of 92,000 licensed representatives.
- Allison Bell
Other Primerica coverage from National Underwriter Life & Health:
- Earnings: MetLife, Prudential, Principal, Torchmark, Phoenix, Allstate, Protective, Primerica, Humana, Coventry, Centene, Triple-S, NFP, Brown
- Earnings: AIG Life Ops Post Big Profit; Plus Pru, Hartford, Unum, WellPoint, Aetna, NFP, Primerica, Others
- Earnings: Prudential, Hartford, Ameriprise, Principal, Others
- Citigroup Completes $230 Million Primerica Sale
- Primerica Placed in New Citi Division