How fast are you? 3G. 4G. It’s all about fast. So how fast are you? Here’s why it matters: How fast you are just might determine if you get the business.
1. Return all calls and emails in a timely manner. Timely has different meanings to different people, but in our hyper-fast Internet age, same-day response is strongly advised. Within a few hours would be even better.
2. Use your “away message” when you are unable to respond quickly. People make assumptions you are either too busy or not interested in their business, and they will go elsewhere.
3. Be proactive if you know you are going “off the grid” for an extended period of time by reaching out and telling your clients and prospects. By keeping them apprised, you are demonstrating they are important to you.
In this wired era, it is impossible to be out of touch. Smartphones enable us to be just a call, text or email away, and our clients and prospects expect it. Of course, you can and should disconnect at times. It’s important to carve out space and disengage, but make certain to take the proper steps before you do so.
Sign up for The Lead and get a new tip in your inbox every day!
- Fixed indexed annuities: Working the flexibility angle
- Advisor networking: 5 ways to go from good to great
- 5 things salespeople do that irk decision-makers
Adrian Miller has more than 20 years of experience in sales training. She is the founder of Adrian Miller Sales Training, which offers real-world solutions to real-world situations for clients. To find out more, go to http://www.adrianmiller.com or visit her blog at http://adrianmiller.wordpress.com.