The Cross Insurance subsidiary of Cross Financial Corp. has acquired Mazonson L.L.C., an insurance brokerage firm.
Cross, Bangor, Maine, has been in the insurance business in New England since 1954.
Mazonson, Wakefield, Mass., an insurance brokerage firm founded in 1937, has been selling traditional employee benefits, voluntary worksite benefits and human resources services as well as commercial and personal property-casualty insurance.
Cross will make Mazonson part of a new Cross Insurance Wakefield unit, Cross says.
Mary Lambert, formally chief operating officer at Mazonson, will become president of Cross Insurance Wakefield when the current president, Paul Mazonson, retires, Cross says.
Now that Mazonson is becoming Cross Insurance Wakefield, it will continue to refer clients who need help with life insurance, estate planning and similar products and services to Thomas Brady & Associates, Boston, Cross says.
- Allison Bell
Other distributor acquisition coverage from National Underwriter Life & Health:
- Distribution Deals: Digital Benefit Group of New England; Brown United Benefit and Gottlieb
- Distribution Deals: Partners Advantage-Innovative Partners; Hylant-Creative Benefits
- Distribution: Digital’s Shopping List; Foundation Expands; Futurity First
- More Deals: Grizzaffi Darby, RJF
- Alliant Expands Northeastern Benefits Capabilities