Members of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) are expecting to vote on a long list of Affordable Care Act-related models during a conference call Dec. 16.
The executive committee at the NAIC, Kansas City, Mo., and the plenary – the body that includes all voting members of the NAIC — have put a long list of health-related models on the agenda for the call.
The agenda includes the:
- American Health Benefit Exchange Model Act:
- Model Language for Prohibition on Preexisting Conditions Exclusions for Individuals under the Age of 19
- Utilization Review and Benefit Determination Model Act
- Model Language for Lifetime and Annual Limits
- Model Language for Preventive Services
- Model Language for Prohibition of Rescissions of Coverage
- Model Language for Dependent Coverage for Individuals to Age of 26
- Model Language for Choice of Health Care Professional
- Health Carrier Grievance Procedure Model Act
The agenda also includes Insurance Holding Company System Regulatory Act model.
- Allison Bell