National Life Group has named Mary Lee to succeed Michele Gatto as vice president and chief people officer.
Lee previously was human resources executive, according to National Life, Montpelier, Vt.
Lee has a bachelor’s degree from Trinity College and a master’s degree in business from St. Michael’s College.
In other personnel news,
- New York Life Insurance Company, New York, has hired John Fleurant to be senior vice president, finance and controller. He will be replacing John Cullen, who is retiring after 40 years with the company.
Fleurant previously was controller at Prudential Financial Inc., Newark, N.J. (NYSE:PRU).
Fleurant has a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Widener University.
- Nationwide Financial Services Inc., Columbus, Ohio, has hired Eric Stevenson to succeed Cain Hayes as senior vice president and chief sales officer at its public-sector retirement plans subsidiary, Nationwide Retirement Solutions.
Stevenson previously was vice president of marketing for the retirement plans business at Nationwide.
Stevenson has a bachelor’s degree in business from the University of Oklahoma and master’s degree in business from Northwestern University.
- Standard Insurance Company, Portland, Ore., a unit of StanCorp Financial Group Inc. (NYSE:SFG), has hired Mike Dunst to be assistant vice president of absence management.
Dunst previously was a leader in absence management operations at Hewitt Associates Inc., Lincolnshire, Ill. (NYSE:HEW).
Dunst has a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Villanova University and a master’s degree in finance from St. Joseph’s University.
- Aetna Inc., Hartford (NYSE:AET), has promoted Michael Mathias to be vice president and chief information officer.
Mathias previously was chief technology officer at Aetna.
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips L.L.P., Washington, has named Stephanie Kanwit a counsel in the health care practice group.
Kanwit previously was special counsel to America’s Health Insurance Plans, Washington.