You already know about in-house seminars–are you using them to full advantage? In-house seminars are an effective way to meet prospects in person, and many of your clients would be willing to help you meet their peers in an educational format. Often, where they might be unwilling to introduce you one-on-one, they’ll work hard to create an event at their office.
Unlike “lunch and learns,” whose educational component is brief, these in-house seminars can last up to an hour. Make sure you have a sign-up sheet for attendees’ contact information.
My formula for speaking to a group in a prospecting mode is:
- Educate–Make sure you provide tangible value to your group. Give value first.
- Entertain–Be natural, genuine and have fun with your group.
- Entice–Entice them to want to know more. Plant a seed of doubt in their mind about their current situation.
Sign up for The Lead and get a new tip in your inbox every day!
- 5 more rules for annuity success
- The 100 best marketing ideas
- 5 questions to reveal your business blind spots
Bill Cates is the author of “Get More Referrals Now!” and “Don’t Keep Me a Secret!” Go to www.ReferralMinute.com for more information and to sign up for his newsletter. Bill can be reached at Info@ReferralCoach.com.