I am often asked, “What is the secret of being a successful financial advisor?” Most advisors think of designations, technical knowledge, marketing systems, processes, etc. While these are important to run a successful practice, they are not the most important things to be successful. Below I have outlined some characteristics of successful financial advisors.
1. They take action. You have to be willing to go out there and make things happen.
2. Accept responsibility for their world and current situation.
3. Hold high standards. How do we define getting to the next level? There is always a next level.
4. Commit to unconscious competency. We call it mastery.
5. Have personal integrity. It’s about being congruent. Don’t just talk the talk–walk the walk.