Using these 10 questions can help you find the most well-rounded financial solution in each client scenario.
1. Does their current mix of portfolio assets provide them with long-term growth potential as well as reliable cash flow?
2. Is their current retirement income approach designed to help keep up with inflation?
3. Are there additional protections that should be added to their portfolios to ensure they have cash flow each month, regardless of the ups and downs of the financial markets?
4. How will they plan for the increasing cost of health care?
5. How will they pay for an unexpected long-term care need?
6. Are there financial products that allow them to continue accumulating wealth while also providing protections in case long-term care is needed?
7. How will their portfolios provide income to last their lifetime no matter how long they live?
8. Do they have assets today that are positioned to provide them with dependable income when they need it?
9. How should they consider paying for essential expenses in retirement?
10. How should they consider paying for “nice-to-have” expenses in retirement?
Source: Genworth Financial