Developing relationships with professionals considered to be centers of influence to cultivate referrals deserves to be addressed in any marketing plan. Here are five marketing ideas that touch your COIs throughout the year and build lasting relationships.
1. Host a networking event. Host a networking event and invite the COIs you are trying to nurture and have these people invite other professionals they know as well. Soon you will have an intimate 25-person networking event. Make sure that your event adds value to the attendees by inviting a diverse group of quality professionals so they will want to attend again in the future.
2. Develop and distribute useful tools. Provide your COIs with tools they will reference and use throughout the year, such as key financial data cards. Include your logo and contact information on the tool, and it will keep your name top of mind.
3. Schedule a lunch. Taking time to host a COI to lunch will go a long way in the development of the relationship. Use your CRM to remind you to schedule lunches with all of your COIs quarterly or semi-annually to ensure no one falls through the cracks.
4. Send greeting cards. Send greeting cards throughout the year to your COIs to keep your name top of mind. It will demonstrate that you pay attention to details and take great care with your relationships.
5. Send newsletters. Add your COIs to your client newsletter list. It provides one more opportunity to keep your name in front of those professionals and it provides them with an understanding of your investment and planning philosophy.