Many of us believe that, because our business is complex and sophisticated, only certain people would be good referrals. This assumption is just wrong. Everyone knows someone–you just need to ask.
1. HOBBIES: You share the same interests–biking, running, walking, boating, sewing, reading.
2. EMPLOYEES: Everyone knows dozens, and maybe even hundreds of other people. Who is better invested in your business than the people who work with you?
3. OTHER TENANTS: Learn about others in your building.
4. NEIGHBORS: They work someplace … or used to.
5. FELLOW PASSENGERS: Whether by bus, train, or plane–you have something in common.
Seal the Deal:
Don’t ask these people for their business, ask who they know, and ask them to introduce you. This shifts the dynamic, enrolls others in your sales success and boosts your sales.