Believe it or not, Internet marketing isn’t going away any time soon. How can you make the most of your digital presence? By following these five simple rules.
- An unoriginal website goes nowhere. To find out if your website content is unique, simply highlight five or six words of content from your website and put it into Google and hit search. If any matching results come up, your site is not unique and you could have a hard time being found online. The major search engines filter out “duplicate” content from their search results.
- A website is as powerful as a business card. They say you can’t judge a book by its cover, yet we all do it. Make sure your website looks great and tells your story.
- Know your rank. Like in the military, those with the highest rank are usually in charge. On the Internet, the consumer usually clicks on the first, second, or third listed natural website. If your website is not listed at the top, you are missing out. Include original content and headings customers would look for. Check out your rank for free at www.websitegrader.com. Then work on improving the results.
- Calls to Action are crucial. What do you want your visitors to do? Creating an experience is important and offering a simple call to action such as offering a free report or tickets to an upcoming seminar is crucial.
- Follow up is everything. You are getting people to contact you, so what’s next? Follow up. Take time to develop a follow up system that is designed to convert visitors to clients.