AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company has hired Kermitt Brooks to be associate general counsel.
Brooks previously was the first deputy superintendent at the New York State Insurance Department. In 2009, he was the acting superintendent.
Brooks has a bachelor’s degree from Michigan State University and a law degree from the University of Michigan, according to AXA Equitable, New York, a unit of AXA S.A., Paris.
In other insurance personnel news:
- Hannover Life Reassurance Company of America, Orlando, Fla., a unit of Hannover R?ckversicherung A.G., Hannover, Germany, has hired David Wheat to be executive vice president and chief financial officer.
Wheat previously was CFO of ING Americas, Minneapolis, a unit of ING Groep N.V., Amsterdam.
Wheat has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Louisville. He holds the Certified Public Accountant and Fellow of the Life Management Institute professional designations.
- Transamerica Reinsurance, Charlotte, N.C., a unit of AEGON N.V., The Hague, Netherlands, has hired Larry Moews to be senior vice president, chief actuary and chief risk officer.
Moews previously was corporate chief risk officer for Allstate Corp., Northbrook, Ill. (NYSE:ALL).
Moews has a bachelor’s degree in actuarial science from the University of Illinois. He holds the Fellow of the Society of Actuaries and Chartered Enterprise Risk Analyst professional designations.
- Dearborn National, Chicago, a unit of Health Care Service Corp., Chicago, has promoted Scott Morgan to vice president and chief information officer, from chief of staff.
Morgan has a bachelor’s degree in mathematics and a master’s degree in applied mathematics from DePaul University. He holds the Fellow of the Life Management Institute; Chartered Life Underwriter and Chartered Financial Consultant professional designations.
- Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, New York, has hired Christopher Stout to be the regional vice president for Georgia and Alabama in its retirement solutions unit.
Stout previously was retirement services district manager for Georgia at Automatic Data Processing Inc., Roseland, N.J.
- Great-West Retirement Services, Greenwood Village, Colo., a unit of Power Corp. of Canada, Montreal, has hired Todd Thompson to be a regional sales director for western Wisconsin; Rockford, Ill.; and the Quad Cities region in Iowa and Illinois.
Thompson previously worked for Hartford Financial Services Group Inc., Hartford (NYSE:HIG).
Thompson holds the Chartered Retirement Plan Specialist professional designation.
- CIGNA LifeSOURCE, a transplant network unit of CIGNA Corp., Philadelphia (NYSE:CI), has hired Patty Hunt to be an account manager.
Hunt, who will based in Eden Prairie, Minn., holds the Managed Health Care Professional designation.
- Aon Consulting, a unit of Aon Corp., Chicago (NYSE:AON), has hired Linda Culliton to be Northeastern key account management leader.
Culliton, who will be based in the New York office, previously worked for Hewitt Associates L.L.C., Lincolnshire, Ill.
Culliton has a bachelor’s degree in accounting and information systems from the University of Massachusetts.
- Celent L.L.C., Boston, a unit of Marsh & McLennan Companies Inc., (NYSE:MMC), has hired Craig Beattie and Karen Monks to be and Jim Pelis to be a senior account manager.
Beattie, who will be based in London, previously was an applications architect in the London office of Royal Bank of Scotland Group P.L.C., Edinburgh.
Monks previously was a financial valuation analyst.
- Premier Health Exchange Inc., Bedminster, N.J., which operates as PHX, has hired Lindsay DeYoung to be vice president of payor sales.