Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America has hired Patrick Reeder to be senior director of government relations.
Reeder previously was an associate general counsel at Genworth Financial Inc., Richmond, Va., according to Allianz Life, Golden Valley, Minn., a unit of Allianz S.E., Munich, Germany. While at Genworth, he helped handle Genworth’s relationship with the National Association of Insurance Commissioners, Kansas City, Mo.
Reeder has a bachelor’s degree in journalism from Pennsylvania State University and a law degree from Widener University.
In other personnel news:
- New York Life Insurance Company, New York, has named Barry Schub senior vice president of human resources.
Schub is in charge of retirement plan services, strategy, and mergers and acquisitions at the company’s New York Life Investments subsidiary.
Schub has a bachelor’s degree from Brown University and a master’s degree in business from Babson College.
- Pan-American Life Insurance Group, New Orleans, has hired Bruce Parker to be senior vice president global life insurance.
Parker previously was president Old Mutual U.S. Life, Baltimore, a unit of Old Mutual P.L.C., London. He also has been senior vice president of distribution at Jefferson Pilot Financial, Greensboro, N.C.
Parker has a bachelor’s degree in economics from the State University of New York at Oswego and a master’s degree in management from the American College.
Parke is a trustee of the American College. He also has served on the board of LIMRA International, Windsor, Conn.
- CIGNA Corp., Philadelphia, (NYSE:CIG) has hired Andrew Kielty to be senior vice president and managing director of its CIGNA International Expatriate Benefits unit.
Kielty previously was managing director of the Asian region for the British United Provident Association Ltd., London.
He has a degree in economics and finance from Hatfield Polytechnic, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom, and a master’s degree in business from International Management College, Buckingham, United Kingdom.
- AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company, New York, a unit of AXA S.A., Paris, has promoted Herve Glaize to senior vice president of AXA Technology Services.
In addition to handling AXA Equitable information technology service delivery in North America, he will help AXA Tech expand IT service delivery to AXA companies in Canada and Mexico, AXA Equitable says.
Glaize has been a vice president at AXA Tech.
- First Mercantile, Memphis, Tenn., a retirement plan recordkeeping unit of Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company, Springfield, Mass., has hired Scott Gardner to be regional sales director for the Southeast region, which includes Alabama and Georgia.
Gardner previously was a national account district manager at the ADP Retirement Services unit of Automatic Data Processing Inc., Roseland, N.J.
- Great-West Retirement Services, Greenwood Village, Colo., a unit of Power Corp. of Canada, Montreal, has hired Scott Sitzes to be a regional sales director based in Dallas.
He previously was a regional vice president for the north Texas market at a U.S. retirement services unit of ING Groep N.V., Amsterdam.
Sitzes has a bachelor’s degree in finance from Texas Tech University.
- Aon Consulting, a unit of Aon Corp., Chicago, (NYSE:AOC) has hired Clint Cary to be a senior vice president in the Chicago office of its investment consulting arm and Craig Pearlman to be a vice president in the unit.
Cary and Pearlman both have worked for Northern Trust Global Investments, a unit of Northern Trust Corp., Chicago.
Cary has a bachelor’s degree in business from Drake University.
Pearlman has a master’s degree in business from Loyola University.