Prudential Financial Inc. has named Robert Falzon treasurer and John Fleurant controller.
Falzon succeeds Bernard Jacob, who will become chief financial officer of the U.S. businesses at Prudential, Newark, N.J. (NYSE:PRU), the company says. He has been managing director of Prudential Real Estate Investors and head of global merchant banking.
Fleurant has been CFO of the U.S. businesses.
In other personnel news:
- Conseco Inc., Carmel, Ind., (NYSE:CNO) has hired Thomas Kaehr to be vice president of internal audit.
Kaehr previously was vice president of finance, controller and treasurer at Security Benefit Corp., Topeka, Kan. He also has been director of internal audit and controller at Lincoln National Corp., Radnor, Pa.
Kaehr has a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Indiana University. He holds the Certified Public Accountant professional designation.
- Independence Blue Cross, Philadelphia, has hired Lauren O’Brien to be vice president, chief accounting officer.
O’Brien previously was the chief financial officer and chief risk officer at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Delaware, Wilmington, Del.
O’Brien has a bachelor’s degree in business from Emory University. She holds the Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor and Fellow of the Life Management Institute professional designations.
- Legal & General Americas Companies, Rockville, Md., a unit of Legal & General Group P.L.C., London, (LSE:LGEN) has hired Frank Gencarelli to be senior vice president, distribution & marketing
Gencarelli previously was executive vice president of Philadelphia Financial Group, a unit of Phoenix Companies Inc., Hartford (NYSE:PNX). He also has worked for Genworth Financial Inc., Richmond, Va.
Gencarelli has a bacehlor’s degree in mathematics from the University of Virginia and a master’s degree in mathematics from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Sun Life Financial Inc., Toronto, (NYSE:SLF) says its Wellesley Hills, Mass., office has hired Thomas Seitz to be vice president, relationship management at Sun Life Financial Distributors Inc., Boston, and Daniel O’Shea to be vice president, individual life sales, at the unit.
Seitz previously was senior vice president at Mount Yale Capital Group L.L.C., Minneapolis. From 2002 to 2004, he was president of a Sun Life-MFS joint venture.
Seitz has a bachelor’s degree from Regis University.
O’Shea previously was an executive in the life brokerage distribution channel at Principal Financial Group Inc., Des Moines, Iowa (NYSE:PFG).
O’Shea has a bachelor’s degree from Framingham State College
- Transamerica Retirement Services, Los Angeles, a unit of AEGON N.V., The Hague, Netherlands, (NYSE:AEG) has hired Deborah Rubin to be vice president and head of third party administrator channel distribution.
Rubin previously was regional vice president of sales at AUL OneAmerica, a unit of OneAmerica Financial Partners Inc., Indianapolis. She also has been head of TPA services and channel management at a U.S. unit of ING Groep N.V., Amsterdam (NYSE:ING).
Rubin has a bachelor’s degree in economics from Columbia University. She holds the Certified Financial Planner and Accredited Investment Fiduciary professional designations.
- Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company, Columbus, Ohio, has hired J. Lynn Greenstein to be president of its Nationwide Bank affiliate.
Greenstein succeeds Anne Arvia, who has become head of Nationwide’s retirement plans business.
Greenstein previously was senior vice president of product and pricing in Nationwide’s property-casualty business.
Greenstein has a bachelor’s degree in business from Ohio State University. She holds the Certified Public Accountant, Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriter, Chartered Life Underwriter and Chartered Financial Consultant professional designations.
- Great-West Retirement Services, Greenwood Village, Colo., a unit of Power Corporation of Canada, Montreal, (TSX:POW) has promoted Jonah Caldwell to regional sales director for Arkansas and Oklahoma, from internal wholesaler, and it has hired Joe Carew and Laura Catalano to be regional sales directors in New Jersey.
- Mutual of Omaha Insurance Company, Omaha, Neb., has promoted Scott Herchenbach to senior vice president in the retirement plans division. He has been a vice president and actuary in the division.
Herchenbach has a bachelor’s degree in actuarial science from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. He holds the Fellow of the Life Management Institute professional designation.
- Hannover R?ckversicherung A.G., Hannover, Germany, has hired Karl Steinle to be head of corporation communications.
He succeeds Stefan Schulz, who is moving to Hannover Re’s insurance-linked securities department.
Steinle previously was head of investor relations and ratings at HSH Nordbank A.G., Hamburg, Germany.
– Empire BlueCross BlueShield, New York, a unit of WellPoint Inc., Indianapolis, has named three general managers. Patrick O’Keefe is now the general manager for the downstate small group and middle markets; Tom Canty, general manager of labor, municipal and jumbo accounts; and Ethel Graber, general manager of upstate and Mid-Hudson accounts.
- Lockton Companies L.L.C., Kansas City, Mo., has hired Bud Cole to be a vice president and senior consultant in its San Diego office.
Cole has a bachelor’s degree in environmental studies from the University of California, Santa Barbara.