- 78% — Percentage of adults who attended a seminar expecting to learn more about financial issues.
- 21% — Percentage of adults who attended a seminar expecting opportunities to purchase financial products.
- 63% — Percentage of older adults who have received a mailed invitation to a free financial seminar; of those, 57 percent have had five or more invitations in the past three years.
- 13% — Percentage of seniors who attended a free seminar, compared with 6 percent of adults between 55 and 64.
- 76% — Percentage of older adults who are worried about being scammed.
- 72% — Percentage of older adults who say seminar presenters should share their qualifications with attendees.