New York Life Insurance Company has named Gary Miller head of individual policy services.
Miller, who now oversees all life insurance and annuity services provided for policyholders, is a senior vice president, according to New York Life, New York.
Miller has a bachelor’s degree from Widener University.
In other personnel changes news:
- INVEST Financial Corp., Tampa, Fla., a broker-dealer unit of Jackson National Life Insurance Company, Lansing, Mich., has named Steve Dowden president and chief executive officer.
Dowden succeeds Lynn Niedermeier, who retired in July.
Dowden previously worked for CUNA Mutual Group, Madison, Wis.
Jackson National is a unit of Prudential P.L.C., London.
- The SunAmerica Companies, Los Angeles, a unit of American International Group Inc., New York, (NYSE:AIG) says Stephen Maginn, senior managing director of sales, SunAmerica Retirement Markets, has assumed responsibility for sales and distribution of SunAmerica Mutual Funds.
He has been named chief distribution officer of the SunAmerica Companies.
- The Aon Consulting arm of Aon Corp., Chicago, has hired Joan Boughton to be a senior vice president and Central West key account management leader, and Yannick Gagne to be a senior vice president and retirement practice leader for offices in Southern California, San Francisco, Hawaii, Denver and the Pacific Northwest.
- Longfellow Benefits Inc., Boston, has hired J. Daniel Clancy to be a senior marketing consultant and Brittany Wells to be a senior consultant for employee benefits.
- Smallwood, Maike & Associates Inc., Boston, a technology consulting firm, has brought in Mark Breading and Mary Ann Garwood. Both have worked in the global insurance strategy operation at International Business Machines Corp., Armonk, N.Y.