FBL Financial Group Inc. has hired Kevin Slawin to be executive vice president, marketing and distribution.
Slawin previously was president, distribution at Allstate Financial, a unit of Allstate Corp., Northbrook, Ill., according to FBL, West Des Moines, Iowa.
Slawin has a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Indiana University and a master’s degree in management from Northwestern University.
He is a member of the boards of the Insurance Marketplace Standards Association, Bethesda, Md., and of the American College, Bryn Mawr, Pa.
In other personnel news:
- Lafayette Life Insurance Company, Lafayette, Ind., a unit of Western & Southern Financial Group, Cincinnati, has hired Lawrence O’Brien to be senior vice president and chief marketing officer.
O’Brien previously was chief marketing officer for the life business at American General Life, Houston, a unit of American International Group Inc., New York.
O’Brien has a bachelor’s degree in sociology from the University of Delaware and a master’s business in marketing from the University of Massachusetts. He holds the Chartered Life Underwriter professional designation.
- National Life Group, Montpelier, Vt., has announced several personnel changes.
The company has hired Robert DiNardo to be a second vice president and Theresa Massie to be director of marketing at its Dallas-based retirement and annuities division.
DiNardo previously led domestic variable annuity product marketing at a U.S. unit of Old Mutual P.L.C., London.
He has a bachelor’s degree from the University of California at Los Angeles and a master’s degree in business from Arizona State University.
Massie previously was marketing and brand manager at Methodist Hospital System, Houston. Earlier, she was director of advertising and marketing communications at American General.
Massie has a bachelor’s degree from the College of William and Mary
National Life also has announced that Nicholas Mingone is now the general agent in its Philadelphia agency.
Mingone has been managing director of the MetLife agency in Philadelphia. He has a degree from Widener University, Mingone
- J.G. Wentworth L.L.C., Bryn Mawr, Pa., has hired Stefano Sola to be chief investment officer.
Sola previously was a managing director with Swiss Re Capital Markets, New York, a unit of Swiss Reinsurance Company, Zurich.
- Bankers Life and Casualty Company, Chicago, a unit of Conseco Inc., Carmel, Ind., has promoted David Vega to vice president, underwriting and new business.
Vega previously was senior director for long term care operations.
Vega has a bachelor’s degree in human resource management from the University of Texas at San Antonio.
- Prudential Financial Inc., Newark, N.J., has named James Mallozzi chairman and chief executive officer of Prudential Real Estate and Relocation Services Inc.
Mallozzi will succeed John Van Der Wall, who is retiring.
Mallozzi previously was senior vice president of the institutional solutions group at Prudential’s retirement services unit.
- Delta Dental of California, Cerritos, Calif., has hired Benjamin Lowry to be director of Southern California sales.
Lowry has spent 8 years with Vision Service Plan Inc., Rancho Cordova, Calif.
Lowry has a bachelor’s degree in business from the University of Iowa.