LIMRA International has named Paul Henry managing director of its retirement services division.
Henry previously was vice president of product development in the retirement services unit at Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company, Springfield, Mass.
Henry has a bachelor’s degree from Valparaiso University.
In other personnel news:
- Sun Life Financial Inc., Toronto, has named Colm Freyne executive vice president and chief financial officer.
Freyne has been the acting CFO since July 1.
Sun Life also has hired Sean Woodroffe to be head of human resources for the Wellesley Hills, Mass., U.S. business.
Woodroffe previously was division head for the Human Capital Management Business Partnership at United Bank for Africa P.L.C., Lagos, Nigeria.
- Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America, Golden Valley, Minn., a unit of Allianz S.E., Munich, has hired Tom Bauer to be senior vice president and chief information officer.
Bauer has been the interim CIO.
Bauer has a bachelor’s degree in business from Xavier University and a master’s degree in business from Michigan State University.
- Hartford Financial Services Group Inc., Hartford, has promoted Mark Scalercio to national sales manager for government-sponsored retirement plans and J. Michael Shamburger to national sales manager for corporate retirement programs.
Scalercio formed Hartford’s retirement consulting group. He has a bachelor’s degree from Northern Arizona University.
Shamburger has been a divisional vice president at Hartford. He has a bachelor’s degree in business from the University of Oklahoma.
- AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company, New York, a unit of AXA S.A., Paris, has promoted Leann Bohner, Josh Braverman, Michael Healy and Jeffrey Turcotte to senior vice president.
- Corporate Synergies Inc., Mount Laurel, N.J., has hired Thomas Mangan to be chief executive officer.
Mangan previously was president of the employee benefits division of HUB International Ltd., Chicago.
Mangan has a bachelor’s degree in business from Westminster College and a master’s degree in business from Troy State University.
Mangan serves on the board of Westminster College and on consultant advisory boards at Aetna Inc., Hartford; CIGNA Corp., Chicago; and UnitedHealth Group Inc., Minnetonka, Minn.
He holds the Certified Managed Care Executive Designation from Northwestern University.
- Silberstein Insurance Group L.L.C., Lutherville, Md., has hired Mark Glinowiecki to be an insurance broker.
Glinowiecki previously was a senior associate at Richard J. Princinsky & Associates Inc., Hunt Valley, Md.
He is a past president of the St. Ursula Fathers Club.