- 34.9% — Percentage of caregivers who said they lacked confidence in the health care system, compared with 24.9 percent of patients 50 or older.
- 30.9% — Percentage of caregivers who said the people they cared for suffered worse health due to poor communication with providers. Only 19.7 percent of patients felt the same way.
- 23% — Percentage of patients 50 or older who say they suffered a medical error.
- 14.9% — Percentage of caregivers who say there was no follow-up visit after contact with a health care facility; 5.5 percent of patients had the same complaint.
- 31.8% — Percentage of caregivers who said those they cared for were readmitted to a hospital within 30 days of discharge; 14.9 percent of patients said they had to return to the hospital within 30 days.
Source: AARP; Caregiver survey was independent of patient survey.