Nationwide Financial Services Inc. has promoted Tim Long to leader sales in the independent channel.
Long is responsible for annuity, life insurance and retirement plan sales, according to Nationwide Financial, a unit of Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company, Columbus, Ohio.
Long previously managed independent broker-dealer channel sales for the Eastern division.
Long has a bachelor’s degree in finance from Temple University.
In other personnel news:
- New York Life Insurance Company, New York, has hired Sue Ericksen to be chief technology officer and senior vice president of the corporate information department.
Ericksen previously was chief technology officer at Merrill Lynch Banks, a unit of Bank of America Corp., Charlotte, N.C.
Ericksen has a bachelor’s degree from Mount Saint Mary’s College in California and a master’s degree in computer science from the University of Colorado.
- LL Global Inc., Windsor, Conn., has promoted Gary Aluise to senior vice president, from vice president.
Aluise is managing director of international operations for LL Global’s LIMRA and LOMA units.
Aluise has a bachelor’s degree from Villanova University.
- AvMed Inc., Miami, has hired Greg Fischer to be senior vice president of sales and marketing.
Fischer previously was vice president of sales and marketing at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of South Carolina, Columbia, S.C.
- Conseco Inc., Carmel, Ind., has promoted Jerome Lynch to vice president, valuation, at the Bankers Life and Casualty unit, from senior managing actuary of health valuation.
Lynch has a bachelor’s degree in mathematics from Jacksonville University and a master’s degree in mathematics from Colorado State University. He is a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries.
Conseco also promoted Christopher Foote to vice president, asset-liability management.
Foote previously was senior managing actuary for asset-liability management.
Foote has a bachelor’s degree in statistics from the University of Akron.
- American United Life Insurance Company, a unit of OneAmerica Financial Partners Inc., Indianapolis, has named Jeremy Goldstein a general agent in Detroit and Kent Binning a general agent in Seattle.
Goldstein is the managing director of Blue Water Financial Group L.L.C., Holland, Mich.
Binning has been chief executive officer of a Washington state financial services firm.
- Invescor Ltd., Farmington Hills, Mich., has hired Sam Olson to be a life settlement account executive.
Olson previously ran a life insurance and long term care insurance distribution firm in Redford, Mich.
- Lockton Companies Inc., Kansas City, Mo., has promoted Bob Hayworth to executive vice president.
Hayworth, who has been the broker’s chief operations officer, has a bachelor’s degree from East Carolina University.