Selecting a technology vendor is a key decision in the buying process. Make sure you talk to a potential vendor’s customers–ideally ones you’ve found on your own or through a technology consultant instead of referrals provided by the vendor–and ask them these 10 questions that will elicit important details:
1. What were your expectations for the technology, and what expectations have–and have not–been met?
2. Were the promised benefits and functionalities delivered?
3. How long did implementation take?
4. Did the entire initiative come in at or under budget?
5. How long before you felt the technology was generat – ing a significant return on investment?