Sun Life Financial Inc. has named Stephen Deschenes senior vice president and general manager of the U.S. division’s annuities division.
Deschenes previously was chief marketing officer for the retirement income group at Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company, Springfield, Mass., according to Sun Life, Toronto. He also has been the product development and marketing leader for the defined contribution plan business at Fidelity Investments, Boston.
He has a bachelor’s degree in psychology and social relations from Harvard University.
The offices of Sun Life Financial U.S. are in Wellesley Hills, Mass.
In other personnel news:
– Maple Life Financial Inc., Bethesda, Md., has hired Daniel Beckmann to be director of capital markets.
Beckmann previously was president of Life Analytics L.L.C., Charlotte, N.C., a life settlement consulting firm. He also has been director of finance at Legacy Benefits L.L.C., New York.
– Lockton Companies L.L.C., Kansas City, Mo., has hired Jason Maples, Frank Arcara and Ron Lottridge to work in the Denver office.
Maples will be an executive vice president in charge of the Denver executive benefits group.
Arcara and Lottridge will be executive benefits producers.
- Aon Consulting Worldwide, a unit of Aon Corp., Chicago, has hired Amol Mhatre to be senior vice president of national retirement innovation and sales.
Mhatre, who will be based in Los Angeles, previously was a regional retirement services market leader for Mercer, a unit of Marsh McLennan and Companies Inc., New York.
Mhatre has a bachelor’s degree in mathematics from the University of Mumbai and a master’s degree from the State University of New York at Buffalo. He is an enrolled actuary.
- American United Life Insurance Company, a unit of OneAmerica Financial Partners Inc., Indianapolis, has hired Mitchell Haber to be a regional sales director in the Los Angeles-based regional retirement services office.
Haber previously was the Western regional manager for Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company, Springfield, Mass.
He has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Pittsburgh and a master’s degree in business from Pepperdine University.
– MIB Solutions Inc., a unit of the MIB Group Inc., Braintree, Mass., has hired Thomas King to be vice president – health sales.
King previously was the national sales manager in the direct marketing group at Hooper Holmes Inc./Portamedic, Basking Ridge, N.J.
King has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Washington.