MetLife Inc. has named Peter Carlson chief accounting officer.
Carlson succeeds Joseph Prochaska Jr., who will be retiring from MetLife this year, according to MetLife, New York.
Carlson previously was executive vice president and corporate controller at Wachovia Corp., Charlotte, N.C.
In other personnel news:
- New York Life Insurance Company, New York has named Corey Multer to be chief of staff to John Meyer, the chief operating officer of retirement income security.
Multer became a vice president at New York Life in 2001, and he assumed oversight over deferred annuity products in 2004.
Multer has a bachelor’s degree in economics from Brandeis University and a master’s degree in business from Stanford University.
New York Life also has hired John Grady to be a senior vice president in the corporate finance department. Grady will be responsible for mergers and acquisitions, and for the treasury department.
Grady previously was an executive vice president, global strategy and corporate development, at a U.S. unit of Old Mutual P.L.C., London.
Grady has a bachelor’s degree in business from Providence College and a master’s degree in business from Boston University.
- Conning & Company, Hartford, has hired Stephen Keep to be a director.
Keep previously was business development manager for insurance companies at Wellington Management, Boston.
- Hannover Life Reassurance Company of America, Orlando, Fla., a unit of Hannover R?ckversicherung A.G., Hannover, Germany, has promoted Jeff Burt to executive vice president, financial solutions, from vice president, marketing; Paul Smith to senior vice president and chief information officer, from vice president, information technology; and Marla Lauterette to vice president, human resources, from assistant vice president.
- Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company, America, Horsham, Pa., says Dennis Tender is now managing partner of the company’s Maryland agency, in Hunt Valley, Md.
Tender previously was the managing partner for the New England Financial agency in upstate New York.
Tender holds the Certified in Long-Term Care professional designation.
- The San Francisco office of Aon Consulting Worldwide, a unit of Aon Corp., Chicago, says Dany Mathieu is now a vice president in the global benefits practice. Mathieu serves clients based in the Americas.
Mathieu previously was an international consultant with Mercer, a unit of Marsh & McLennan Companies Inc., New York.
Mathieu has a bachelor’s degree in actuarial mathematics from Concordia University in Montreal and a law degree from the University of Toronto. He is a fellow of the Society of Actuaries.