Assurant Inc. has named Sylvia Wagner executive vice president, human resources and development.
Wagner succeeds Lesley Silvester, 62, who is retiring July 1, according to Assurant, New York.
Wagner has been senior vice president of human resources and development at Assurant Employee Benefits, Kansas City, Mo., since 1995. She also is a member of the University of South Dakota Foundation board.
In other personnel news:
- The Lincoln Financial Advisors unit of Lincoln National Corp., Radnor, Pa., has promoted Venetia Thrower to managing principal of the North Florida Regional Planning Office at the Sagemark Consulting broker-dealer division.
Thrower previously was regional program manager at the Southeast Regional Planning Group at Lincoln Financial Advisors.
Thrower has a bachelor’s degree in business from the Georgia Institute of Technology.
- Pan-American Life Insurance Group Inc., New Orleans, has hired Rene Lamar to be regional vice president – institutional sales and U.S. retail development.
Lamar previously was business development strategy director for the Miami office of R.E. Lee International L.L.C.
Lamar has a bachelor’s degree in politics and public affairs from the University of Miami. He has a law degree from the University of Florida.
- Scottish Re Group Ltd., Hamilton, Bermuda, has named Dan Roth chief financial officer.
Roth previously was chief restructuring officer at the company.
Roth has a bachelor’s degree in management information systems from the University of Dayton.
- American Specialty Health Inc., San Diego, has hired Jerry Nosewicz to be vice president of national health plan sales.
Nosewicz previously was vice president of national account sales at EyeMed Vision Care L.L.C., Mason, Ohio.
Nosewicz has a bachelor’s degree in business from the University of South Florida. He holds the Registered Health Underwriter and Certified Benefit Consultant professional designations.
- First Western Financial Inc., Denver, has hired John Shope to be executive vice president, sales and marketing, and Melissa Montgomery-Fitzsimmons to be director of wealth planning.
Shope previously was executive vice president of worldwide sales at Exclusive Resorts L.L.C., Denver.
Montgomery-Fitzsimmons was vice president, wealth advisors, in the Denver office of JPMorgan Chase & Company, New York.
- Cowles & Thompson P.C., Dallas, a law firm, has brought in Drew Bagot, an insurance law specialist, to be a shareholder.
Bagot has a bachelor’s degree and a law degree from Southern Methodist University.
- The American Academy of Actuaries, Washington, has hired Nancy Bennett to be a senior life fellow and legislative and regulatory affairs liaison.
Bennett has been a vice president and head of enterprise risk management at Ameriprise Financial Inc., Minneapolis.
Bennett has a bachelor’s degree in mathematics and economics from the University of Northern Iowa. She holds the Fellow of the Society of Actuaries and Chartered Enterprise Risk Analyst professional designations.