- 80%: Percentage of medications with a generic option.
- 67%: Level of generic drug utilization for all users in the United States.
- $13 billion: Expected sales lost to expired patent protection in 2008.
- 11%: Percent reduction in annual costs for medication by switching to generics drugs.
- $201 million: Approximate annual savings resulting from a 1 percent increase in generic drug use among Medicaid recipients.
- $4.5 billion: Overall savings for the Medicaid program over the next five years by increasing the generic prescription fill rate to 65 percent.
Don’t forget you can visit MyAlerts to manage your alerts at any time.