Guardian Life Insurance Company of America has hired John McCarthy to be executive vice president, human resources.
McCarthy previously was senior managing director and human resources director at Wachovia Securities, a unit of Wachovia Corp., Charlotte, N.C.
McCarthy has a bachelor’s degree in marketing from St. John’s University.
Guardian also has hired Douglas Dubitsky to be vice president of product development in retirement solutions and Michael Slipowitz to be chief actuary in retirement solutions.
Dubitsky previously was a vice president in the retirement income group at New York Life Insurance Company, New York. He has a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree from the C.W. Post campus of Long Island University.
Slipowitz was senior vice president and chief risk officer at AXA Financial, New York, a unit of AXA S.A., Paris. He has a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Franklin and Marshall College. He holds the Chartered Enterprise Risk Analyst professional designation.
In other personnel news:
- Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company, Springfield, Mass., has hired E. Heather Smiley to be vice president, marketing communications, for its retirement services division.
Smiley previously was senior vice president of marketing communications at Fidelity Investments, Boston.
Smiley has a bachelor’s degree in marketing and English from the University of Tampa.
- AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company, a unit of AXA S.A., Paris, has promoted Jackie Brabham to senior vice president – annuity operations; Keith Floman to senior vice president – actuarial; Tracey Gray-Walker to senior vice president – diversity and inclusion; and Steve Mabry to senior vice president – annuity product development.
- Great-West Retirement Services, Greenwood Village, Colo., a unit of Power Corp. of Canada, Montreal, has hired Jason Fewell and Rob Hamilton to be regional sales directors for its 401(k) business.
Fewell will handle brokers, registered investment advisers, consultants and third-party administrators in Oregon; Vancouver, Washington; and eastern Washington state. He previously was an external wholesaler with Symetra Financial Corp., Bellevue, Wash., covering a similar territory.
Hamilton will work with wirehouse broker-dealers in Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Vermont.
- Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company, Horsham, Pa., has promoted Elaine Prutzman to assistant vice president, project management, from director of the project management office, and Kevin Moyer to assistant vice president, annuity services and new business, contracts, licensing and registration, and commissions, from director of the annuity service center.
- Silberstein Insurance Group L.L.C., Baltimore, has hired Jason Abosch to be an association.
Abosch has a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Towson University and a master’s degree in business from the University of Baltimore. He holds the Certified Financial Planner and Certified Public Account professional designations.