New York Life Insurance Company says Mark Pfaff will oversee its life insurance manufacturing and marketing operations.
Pfaff, a senior vice president, has been running the agency department at New York Life, according to New York Life, New York
New York Life also says Chris Blunt, a senior vice president, will run a new retirement income security organization.
The retirement income organization will manage New York Life’s income annuities, investment annuities, long term care insurance, and mutual fund distribution operations.
Pfaff has a bachelor’s degree from Manhattan College.
Blunt has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Michigan and a master’s degree in business from the University of Pennsylvania.
In other personnel news:
- Forethought Financial Group Inc., Indianapolis, a company that sells retirement products and end-of-life products, has hired Michael Ebmeier to be senior vice president, marketing, and Tony Torres to be senior vice president, financial services.
Ebmeier previously owned Producers Choice East, Forest Hill, Md., an affiliate of a fixed annuity wholesaler.
Ebmeier holds the Certified Financial Planner, Chartered Life Underwriter and Chartered Financial Consultant professional designations.
Torres was president of PSI Lending Ltd. Houston, a company that lends to firms in the death care industry.
At Forethought, Torres will run the Forethought Capital Funding Inc. and Forethought Federal Savings Bank units.
- The Wellesley Hills, Mass.-based U.S. division of Sun Life Financial Inc., Toronto, has named Christopher Quinn to be vice president and chief operating officer at the employee benefits group, and Drew Niziak to be executive vice president and sales director at the benefits group.
Quinn has been vice president and chief operating officer at Sun Life Financial Distributors Inc.
He has a bachelor’s degree from Johns Hopkins University.
Niziak has been vice president, distribution.
Niziak has a bachelor’s degree from Johns Hopkins University and a master’s degree in business from the University of Pennsylvania.
- Eastern Insurance Holdings Inc., Lancaster, Pa., has named Curt Melville chief operating officer and Marc Blevens director of sales and agency relations at the company’s Eastern Life & Health Insurance Company unit.
Melville has been vice president of underwriting at Eastern Life. He has a bachelor’s degree from Clarion University.
Blevens has been director of sales and marketing at Horizon Health EAP Services, a unit of Horizon Health Corp., Lewisville, Texas.
Blevens recently was a board member of the Texas Association of Health Underwriters.
Blevens has a bachelor’s degree from Indiana State University. He holds the Managed Healthcare Professional professional designation.
- HealthMarkets Inc., North Richland Hills, Texas, has hired Anurag Chandra to be executive vice president and chief administrative officer.
Anurag previously worked at Aquiline Capital Partners L.L.C., New York, a private equity firm.
He also has worked in strategic planning and corporate development at units of Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company, Columbus, Ohio.
Anurag has a bachelor’s degree in computer science from the Indian Institute of Technology and a master’s degree in operations research from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- EHealth Inc., Mountain View, Calif., has hired Scott Sanborn to be chief marketing and revenue officer.
Bruce Telkamp, executive vice president of business operations, will become executive vice president of business and corporate development.
Sanborn previously was chief marketing officer of RedEnvelope Inc., San Francisco, an e-commerce retailer. He also has been senior vice president of marketing at the Home Shopping Network, St. Petersburg, Fla.
Sanborn has a bachelor’s degree in English from Tufts University.
- Health Net Inc., Los Angeles, has named Dr. Jonathan Scheff to be chief medical officer.
Scheff held the same position at the company from 2003 to 2007.
Scheff has a bachelor’s degree from Amherst College, a medical degree from Tufts University and a master’s degree in business from the University of San Diego.