Aflac Inc. has hired M. Jeffrey Charney to be senior vice president and chief marketing officer for Aflac U.S.
Ronald Kirkland, a senior vice president who is now director of sales, plans to retire at the end of 2009, according to Aflac, Columbus, Ga.
Ronald Sanders will become a senior vice president and deputy director of sales and will assist Kirkland till he retires, Aflac says.
Charney previously was chief marketing officer at QVC Inc., West Chester, Pa.
Charney has a bachelor’s degree from the University of South Carolina and a master’s degree from Ohio State University.
Sanders has been Southwest Territory director at Aflac U.S.
In other personnel news:
- Fort Dearborn Life Insurance Company, a unit of Health Care Service Corp., Chicago, has hired Craig Nordyke to be vice president and chief actuary.
Nordyke also will be responsible for actuarial operations at Colorado Bankers Life Insurance Company, a Fort Dearborn sister company.
Nordyke has a bachelor’s degree in actuarial science from Drake University. He is a fellow of the Society of Actuaries.
- Aetna Inc., Hartford, has hired Dr. Lonny Reisman to be chief medical officer.
Reisman succeeds Dr. Troyen Brennan, who has left to become chief medical officer at CVS Caremark Corp., Woonsocket, R.I.
Reisman has been chief executive officer of ActiveHealth Management, a company acquired by Aetna that developed a system that helps analyze whether a patient is getting appropriate medical care.
- Munich American Reassurance Company, Atlanta, a unit of M?nchener R?ckversicherungs-Gesellschaft A.G., Munich, Germany, has hired Michael Taht to be senior vice president for life reinsurance.
Taht previously was the principal partner in the Atlanta office of Tillinghast, a unit of Towers Perrin Inc.
Taht is a fellow of the Society of Actuaries and a fellow of the Canadian Institute of Actuaries.
- Aon Consulting, a unit of Aon Corp., Chicago, has named Sue Cann to be local market leader in Boston and hired John Donohue to be the local practice leader for the Boston health and benefits practice.
Aon also has hired Sharon Blichfeldt to be vice president for health and benefits for the Pittsburgh office.
Cann previously was a member of Aon Consulting’s business development team.
She has a bachelor’s degree from Bridgewater State College.
Donohue previously was managing director of the employee benefits practice
Cann earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from Bridgewater State College.
John Donohue has been named Aon Consulting’s Health & Benefits local practice leader for Boston
Prior to joining Aon Consulting, Donohue was managing director of the Employee Benefit practice at The Bostonian Group Insurance Agency Inc., Boston.
Donohue has a bachelor’s degree from Western New England College.
Blichfeldt previously was director of health and productivity at Buck Consultants, a unit of Affiliated Computer Services Inc., Dallas.
- J. Rolfe Davis Insurance L.L.C., Maitland, Fla., has promoted William Glass to executive vice president in the employee benefits department.
Glass previously was a senior vice president who handled health insurance, life insurance and variable annuities
Glass has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Charleston.