- 1.1%: Percent increase from 2007 to 2008 in rates for semi-private rooms in a nursing home. The average cost in 2008 was $191 daily or $69,715 annually.
- 2.1%: Percent increase for a room in an assisted living facility from 2007 to 2008. The average cost increased to $3,031 monthly or $36,372 annually in 2008.
- $386: Average monthly rate for assisted living facilities providing assistance with activities of daily living.
- $327: Average monthly rate for providing assistance with instrumental activities of daily living.
- 17%: Percentage of nursing homes associated with an assisted living facility or wing.
- $79,935: Average annual cost of a private room in the Alzheimer’s unit of a nursing home.
Source: 2008 MetLife Market Survey of Nursing Home Assisted Living Costs