WellCare Health Plans Inc. has hired Rex Adams to be chief operating officer.
Adams previously was president of AT&T East, a division of AT&T Corp., Bedminster, N.J., according to WellCare, Tampa, Fla.
Adams also spent 5 years in the U.S. Army as an infantry officer.
Adams has a bachelor’s degree from the U.S. Military Academy at West Point and a master’s degree in business from Harvard University. He is on the board of the Yale-New Haven Hospital.
In other personnel news:
- MetLife Inc., New York, has named Dan DeKeizer chief executive officer of MetLife Assurance Ltd., London, a firm that uses annuities to help U.K. employers transfer pension plan liability.
DeKeizer previously worked in New York for the MetLife retirement strategies group.
MetLife also has hired Emma Watkins to be business development manager for MetLife Assurance.
- General Re-New England Asset Management, Farmington, Conn., a unit of General Re Corp., Stamford, Conn., has named Stacy Varney vice president for new business development.
Varney has been a marketing executive at JHA, Portland, Maine, a Gen Re disability reinsurance and consulting unit.
- AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company, New York, a unit of AXA S.A., Paris, has hired Michael Arcaro to be vice president for external affairs.
Arcaro previously was media relations director at American International Group Inc., New York.
Arcaro has a bachelor’s degree from Thomas Edison State College in Trenton, N.J.
- HealthMarkets Inc., North Richland Hills, Texas, has hired Tim Roach to be senior vice president and chief marketing officer.
Roach previously was marketing manager for the Secure Horizons business at UnitedHealth Group Inc., Minnetonka, Minn. He spent 25 years in marketing consumer packaged goods.
HealthMarkets also has hired Lucinda Lewis to be senior vice president and chief actuary.
Lewis previously was vice president for actuarial specialty, senior and state-sponsored business at WellPoint Inc., Indianapolis.
- The American Academy of Actuaries, Washington, has hired Frank Todisco to be senior pension fellow.
Todisco previously was a principal at Mercer Human Resource Consulting, New York, a unit of Marsh & McLennan Companies Inc., New York.
Todisco has a bachelor’s degree in economics from Princeton University and a master’s degree in economics from the New School of Social Research in New York.