The Iowa Insurance Division has hired Philip Deats to be enforcement bureau chief.
Deats, who is filling a newly created position, previously was an Iowa administrative law judge.
Deats holds the Certified Public Accountant professional designation.
In other personnel news:
- The Florida Office of Insurance Regulation says Eric Lingswiler is now the interim director of life and health product review.
Lingswiler has been investigation manager at the office’s special investigative unit.
Lingswiler succeeds Monica Rutkowski, who has left the Florida office to pursue a new career opportunity, officials say.
The office will be conducting a national search for a permanent replacement, officials say.
- Mutual of America Life Insurance Company, New York, has hired Greg Auman to be vice president, financial advisory services.
Auman previously was a vice president and regional supervisor with a unit of Wachovia Corp., Charlotte, N.C.
Auman has a bachelor’s degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and a master’s degree in business from Washington University in Saint Louis.
Auman holds the Chartered Life Underwriter, Chartered Financial Consultant and Certified Financial Planner professional designations.
- The American United Life Insurance Company unit of OneAmerica Financial Partners Inc., Indianapolis, has hired B. Douglas Gritton to be vice president of sales and marketing.
Gritton previously was vice president of agency distribution at a unit of UNIFI Mutual Holding Company, Lincoln, Neb.
Gritton has a bachelor’s degree from Ohio State University.
- LIMRA International, Windsor, Conn., has hired Lawrence Niland to help LIMRA member companies handle compliance and regulatory services issues.
Niland previously was the chief compliance officer at Signator Investors Inc., Boston.
- The Lincoln Financial Advisors Corp. unit of Lincoln National Corp., Philadelphia, has named John DiMonda managing director for the North Central Ohio Regional Planning Group, which includes financial planning offices in Cleveland and Columbus.
DiMonda has been managing director for the Metro New York/New Jersey Region. He now will oversee both regions, Lincoln says.
DiMonda holds the Chartered Life Underwriter, Chartered Mutual Fund Counselor and Life Underwriters Training Council Fellowship professional designations.
DiMonda is a past vice president of GAMA International, Falls Church, Va., and a founding member of Cento Amici, a nonprofit education financial assistance group.
- Aetna Inc., Hartford, has hired Dr. David Memel to be head of the Aetna Informatics unit.
Memel previously was the chief medical officer at Roche Diagnostics, Rotkreuz, Switzerland.
Memel has a medical degree from the University of California at Los Angeles, and a master’s degree in medical informatics from the University of Utah.