America’s Health Insurance Plans representatives today traveled to Columbus, Ohio, to launch an effort to make its case to voters.
AHIP, Washington, introduced the AHIP Campaign for an American Solution initiative with a roundtable discussion that included community leaders and uninsured people from Columbus.
The campaign also includes new print ads and new Web ads.
AHIP has been trying to counter arguments in favor of a single-payer health system by supporting efforts to provide different types of help for different types of uninsured people.
AHIP says it supports:
- Making low-income uninsured Americans eligible for Medicaid.
- Strengthening the Children’s Health Insurance Program to include all children from low-income uninsured families.
- Creating a health care coverage tax credit for working families.
- Giving workers access to a portable, tax-free health account that could be used to buy any type of health care coverage. Individuals, employers, the federal government and state governments all could contribute to the account.
- Establishing a new federal grant program to help states expand access to coverage, reduce costs and improve quality.