Woodbury Financial Services, a unit of Hartford Financial Services Group Inc., has promoted Scott Carlson to senior vice president of distribution.
Carlson previously was a regional vice president in the Woodbury distribution organization.
In other personnel news:
- AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company, New York, a unit of AXA S.A., Paris, has hired Chris Winans to be senior vice president for external affairs.
Winans previously was vice president of media relations at American International Group Inc., New York.
Winans has a bachelor’s degree from Pennsylvania State University.
- New York Life Insurance Company, New York, has promoted Mario Vela to be director general and head of Seguros Monterrey New York Life, a New York subsidiary in Mexico.
Vela succeeds William Beaty, who has become vice chairman of New York Life International.
Vela previously was director of Seguros Monterrey’s professional advisor sales force.
Seguros Monterrey has about 3,000 agents and 840,000 policyholders.
- The American College, Bryn Mawr, Pa., has hired Robert McLoughlin to be senior vice president and chief of staff.
McLoughlin previously worked in industry relations at New York Life.
McLoughlin has a bachelor’s degree from the State University of New York. He holds the Chartered Life Underwriter professional designation.
- Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company, Springfield, Mass., has hired Kimberly Grose to be an assistant vice president in the company’s U.S. insurance group underwriting division.
Grose previously worked in life underwriting at a unit of Nationwide Financial Services Inc., Columbus, Ohio.
Grose has a bachelor’s degree from Charter Oak State College.
- National Financial Partners Corp., New York, has named John Irvin president of the PartnersFinancial life agency support services consortium, an NFP subsidiary.
- John Hancock Financial Network, Boston, a unit of Manulife Financial Corp., Toronto, has announced additions at 2 affiliated offices.
Athan Vorilas has become the managing partner of Lighthouse Financial Network, Westbury, N.Y., an independent network office.
Vorilas has a bachelor’s degree in finance from Hofstra University. He holds the Chartered Life Underwriter professional designation. He also runs an event that collects bicycles for poor children in New York.
Vorilas serves on the board of the GAMA Foundation, Falls Church, Va. and in the executive cabinet of GAMA International.
John Hancock says Louis Cassara will be joining the network in Oakbrook Terrace, Ill., through an affiliation with an office in Cincinnati that is managed by Timothy Murray.
Cassara founded the Cassara Clinic L.L.C., Oakbrook Terrace. He holds the Chartered Life Underwriter and Chartered Financial Consultant professional designations, and he is a life member of the Million Dollar Round Table, Park Ridge, Ill.
- The Lincoln Financial Advisors arm of Lincoln National Corp., Philadelphia, has given Brett Collins responsibility for the distribution operation’s offices in Nashville, Tenn.
Collins, who has been responsible for the Carolina regional planning office, will continue to be responsible for the Carolinas, Lincoln says.
Collins has a bachelor’s degree in business from North Carolina State University.
- EPIC Advisors Inc., Rochester, N.Y., has hired David Bradway to be western sales consultant.
Bradway holds the Accredited Investment Fiduciary and the Accredited Retirement Plan Consultant professional designations.
- Centene Corp., St. Louis, has hired Jeffrey Schwaneke to be corporate controller.
Schwaneke previously was chief accounting officer at Novelis Inc., Atlanta.
Schwaneke has a bachelor’s degree in accounting from the University of Missouri-Columbia. He holds the Certified Public Accountant professional designation.
Centene also has hired Steven White. White will work in Columbus, Ohio, as president of the Buckeye Community Health Plan subsidiary.
White previously was president of the Southeast region for Great-West Healthcare, which is now part of CIGNA Corp., Philadelphia.
White has a master’s degree in finance from Indiana University.
- Humana Inc., Louisville, Ky., has hired Mark El-Tawil be president of its Arizona operations.
El-Tawil previously was chief senior product officer at Health Net Inc., Woodland Hills, Calif.
El-Tawil has a bachelor’s degree in business from Central Michigan University.
- WellCare Health Plans Inc., Tampa, Fla., has hired Jonathan Rich to be chief compliance officer.
Rich previously was chief compliance officer at Aveta Inc., Fort Lee, N.J.
Rich has a bachelor’s degree from the University of North Carolina and a law degree from Columbia University.