Woodbury Financial Services, a unit of Hartford Financial Services Group Inc., has promoted Scott Carlson to senior vice president of distribution.
Carlson previously was a regional vice president in the Woodbury distribution organization.
In other personnel news:
- AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company, New York, a unit of AXA S.A., Paris, has hired Chris Winans to be senior vice president for external affairs.
Winans previously was vice president of media relations at American International Group Inc., New York.
Winans has a bachelor’s degree from Pennsylvania State University.
- New York Life Insurance Company, New York, has promoted Mario Vela to be director general and head of Seguros Monterrey New York Life, a New York subsidiary in Mexico.
Vela succeeds William Beaty, who has become vice chairman of New York Life International.
Vela previously was director of Seguros Monterrey’s professional advisor sales force.
Seguros Monterrey has about 3,000 agents and 840,000 policyholders.
- The American College, Bryn Mawr, Pa., has hired Robert McLoughlin to be senior vice president and chief of staff.
McLoughlin previously worked in industry relations at New York Life.
McLoughlin has a bachelor’s degree from the State University of New York. He holds the Chartered Life Underwriter professional designation.
- Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company, Springfield, Mass., has hired Kimberly Grose to be an assistant vice president in the company’s U.S. insurance group underwriting division.
Grose previously worked in life underwriting at a unit of Nationwide Financial Services Inc., Columbus, Ohio.
Grose has a bachelor’s degree from Charter Oak State College.
- National Financial Partners Corp., New York, has named John Irvin president of the PartnersFinancial life agency support services consortium, an NFP subsidiary.
- John Hancock Financial Network, Boston, a unit of Manulife Financial Corp., Toronto, has announced additions at 2 affiliated offices.
Athan Vorilas has become the managing partner of Lighthouse Financial Network, Westbury, N.Y., an independent network office.
Vorilas has a bachelor’s degree in finance from Hofstra University. He holds the Chartered Life Underwriter professional designation. He also runs an event that collects bicycles for poor children in New York.