AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company has hired William Whitsell to be vice president of underwriting and new business administration.
Whitsell, who will work in AXA Equitable’s national operations center in Charlotte, N.C., previously worked for New York Life Insurance Company, New York, according to AXA Equitable, New York, a unit of AXA S.A., Paris.
Whitsell holds the Fellow of the Life Management Institute and Chartered Life Underwriter professional designations.
In other personnel news:
- Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company, Horsham, Pa., has hired Richard DeCarolis to be vice president and controller.
DeCarolis previously was chief financial officer at Highway to Health Inc., Radnor, Pa.
DeCarolis has a bachelor’s degree and master’s degree in business from LaSalle University.
- LifeSecure Insurance Company, Brighton, Mich., a long term care insurance unit of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Michigan, Detroit, has hired Ron Hagen to be vice president of sales.
Hagen previously was a regional sales vice president for long term care sales with a unit of MetLife Inc., New York.
Hagen has a bachelor’s degree in international economics and a master’s degree in economics from George Washington University.
- Access Plans USA Inc., Irving, Texas, has hired William Freshwater to be regulatory counsel and vice president of sales and Larry Sigle to be director of consumer plan sales.
Freshwater previously was general counsel at Group Dental Service of Maryland Inc., Rockville, Md.
Freshwater also has been a counsel at the American Council of Life Insurers, Washington, and an assistant counsel at the National Association of Insurance Commissioners, Kansas City, Mo.
Freshwater has a bachelor’s degree in political science and philosophy from Boston College and a law degree from the University of Pittsburgh.
Sigle previously was national sales manager for dental solutions at Health Care Exchange Ltd., Southfield, Mich., which does business as DenteMax.
Sigle has a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree in business from Kansas State University. He holds the Chartered Life Underwriter and the Chartered Financial Consultant professional designations.
- InsureMe Inc., Denver, a Web-based insurance referral service, has hired Lou Geremia to be chief revenue officer.
Geremia previously was president of Insurance.com, Solon, Ohio.
- CBIZ Inc., Cleveland, has hired Blane Warrene to be director of technology solutions for the wealth management group.
Warrene previously was director of investment technology at ValMark Securities Inc., Akron, Ohio.