Protective Life Insurance Company says Mark Rush and Jeff Marsh now will be responsible for all life insurance sales efforts.
Rush, a senior vice president who has been the West Coast Life sales leader, will be responsible for the life insurance sales teams serving both the West Coast Life and the Protective Life independent agent distribution networks, according to Protective Life, a unit of Protective Life Corp., Birmingham, Ala.
Marsh, vice president of institutional life sales, will lead the institutional life sales teams “take on leadership of the company’s advanced sales department,” the company says.
In other personnel news:
- New York Life Insurance Company, New York, has hired Jon Stenberg to be a senior vice president in the individual life department.
Stenberg will oversee the individual life retail insurance division.
Stenberg previously supervised the UBS insurance agency in the New York office of UBS Financial.
Stenberg has a bachelor’s degree in business from Central Michigan University and a master’s degree from the University of Pennsylvania.
He holds the Chartered Life Consultant and fellow of the Life Management Institute professional designations.
He also has served in the U.S. Army.
- Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company, Springfield, Mass., has promoted Bob Casale, the deputy chief information officer, to senior vice president, from corporate vice president.
MassMutual also has hired Howard Knudsen to be assistant vice president, technical operations, for the company’s U.S. insurance group underwriting division.
Knudsen previously was director of technical underwriting at Hartford Life Insurance, a unit of Hartford Financial Services Group Inc., Hartford.
- Aon Corp., Chicago, has hired Grace Cowan to be senior vice president and national director of the life, disability and elective benefits practice.
Cowan previously was the senior vice president of customer service, underwriting and operations at a unit of MetLife Inc., New York.
Cowan has a bachelor’s degree in business from Northern Illinois University and a law degree from the University of Iowa.
- Longfellow Benefits L.L.C., Boston, has hired Lisa Silva to be senior vice president, executive benefits.
Silva has a bachelor’s degree in strategic management from California State University, Chico. She holds the Chartered Life Underwriter professional designation.
- Lockton Companies L.L.C., Kansas City, Mo., has hired Michael McFadden to be an executive vice president in the private equity advisory unit in New York.
McFadden previously was a managing director in the private equity and mergers practice at Marsh, a unit of Marsh & McLennan Companies Inc., New York.
McFadden has a bachelor’s degree from Villanova University.
Lockton also has hired Laura Talt to be a vice president and consultant in the firm’s New York employee benefits operation.
Talt previously was an associate director in the national employee benefits practice at Frank Crystal & Company, New York.
Talt has a bachelor’s degree from the State University of New York College at Oswego and a law degree from Wayne State University.