Guardian Life Insurance Company of America has promoted K. Rone Baldwin to chief operating officer.
Baldwin, who has been the executive vice president in charge of the group insurance business at Guardian, New York, will continue to be an executive vice president.
Jim Pogue, who has been a vice president in charge of the group dental business, will become a senior vice president and succeed Baldwin as the group insurance business leader, Guardian says.
Chris Swanker, who has been a second vice president in charge of group insurance market development, will become a vice president and take charge of the group dental business.
In other personnel news:
- Conseco Inc., Carmel, Ind., has named Matthew Zimpfer executive vice president and general counsel.
Zimpfer, who had been serving as the interim general counsel, previously worked for a law firm.
Zimpfer has a bachelor’s degree in history and political science from Butler University and a law degree from Indiana University.
Conseco also has hired Michael Farley to be a senior vice president and an annuity and life actuary.
Farley previously was chief financial officer and chief insurance risk officer at ING Re, a U.S. arm of ING Groep N.V., Amsterdam.
Farley has a bachelor’s degree in chemistry from St. John’s University in Minnesota. He is a fellow of the Society of Actuaries.
Farley is a past president of the Twin Cities Actuarial Club. He is a current member of the board of Feed My Starving Children, Brooklyn Park, Minn.
- Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company, Springfield, Mass., has picked Bradley Lucido to be a senior vice president and chief compliance officer.
Lucido succeeds Margaret Sperry, who is retiring.
Lucido has been the associate general counsel responsible for regulatory matters at Babson Capital Management L.L.C., a MassMutual investment management affiliate.
Lucido has a bachelor’s degree from Brown University and a law degree from the University of Pennsylvania.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona, Phoenix, has hired Tom Dameron to be vice president of sales.
Dameron previously was president of LifeWise Health Plan of Arizona, a unit of Premera Blue Cross, Mountlake Terrace, Wash.
Dameron has a bachelor’s degree in statistical analysis from Arizona State University.
- Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company, Horsham, Pa., has promoted William Gruccio to senior vice president of the company’s career agency system.
Gruccio previously was a vice president.
Gruccio holds the Chartered Life Underwriter and Chartered Financial Consultant professional designations. He is a past president of the Charleston Association of Life Underwriters, Charleston, W.Va.
- TMG Health Inc., King of Prussia, Pa., has hired Bob Masterson to be chief information officer.
Masterson has a bachelor’s degree in physics from the University of Notre Dame and a doctorate in engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.