Pan-American Life Insurance has hired Arturo Ronderos to be vice president for international and domestic life insurance operations.
Ronderos previously was a consultant who analyzed information technology trends.
Ronderos has a bachelor’s degree in business administration in computer science from Baruch College and a master’s degree in corporate finance and international trade from the University of Hartford.
In other personnel news:
- WellPoint Inc., Indianapolis, says Mark Boxer, the president of the company’s operations, technology and government services unit, will retire July 1 and take a teaching position at the University of Connecticut.
Lori Beer, who has been senior vice president of enterprise solutions, will become acting chief information officer.
Ken Goulet, president of the commercial business unit, will oversee operations.
Randall Lewis, executive vice president of audit and compliance, will oversee government services.
- Fiserv Inc., Brookfield, Wis., a financial services technology company, has hired Don MacDonald to be chief marketing officer.
MacDonald previously was general manager of the sales and marketing group at Intel Corp., San Jose, Calif.,
MacDonald has a bachelor’s degree and a law degree from the University of Lancaster in England.
- Standard Insurance Company, a unit of StanCorp Financial Group Inc., Portland, Ore., has hired Jeff Belton to be a pension consultant in Dallas and Jon Ogren to be a pension consultant in a new retirement plans office in Overland Park, Kan.
Belton previously worked as a retirement services district manager for a unit of Automatic Data Processing Inc., Roseland, N.J.
Belton holds the Qualified Plan Financial Consultant and Accredited Retirement Plan Consultant professional designations.
Ogren was a retirement plan specialist for a financial network affiliated with Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company, Milwaukee.
Ogren has a bachelor’s degree in business from Colorado State University.
- InsWeb Corp., Sacramento, Calif., a Web-based insurance broker, says Jaimie Pickles has resigned from the posts of president and chief operating officer.
Pickles has been the president and COO of InsWeb since 2007.
- LIMRA International, Windsor, Conn., says Eric Sondergeld will be returning to become head of strategic initiatives, and Marie Rice will be returning to become corporate vice president for retirement research.
Sondergeld worked for LIMRA from 1994 to 2007 as the previous corporate vice president and director of retirement research.
Rice, who has been a vice president for market insights at Fidelity Investments, Boston, was an associate project director at LIMRA from 1985 to 1987.