The average hourly rate for homemakers/ companions is slightly lower at $18, which is up $1 from last year. The lowest average rate, $12, was found in and around Shreveport again, and the highest rate of $25 was found in Rochester.
Adult day care centers are easing some of the burdens faced by caregivers, and the Institute gathered data on these facilities for the first time. The average daily rate for such centers was $61, with the median at $58. Capacity at the surveyed centers ranged from five people to a maximum of 275; average capacity was 40. Sixty-two percent provide transportation to and from the facility, and one-third don?? 1/2 t charge for the service. Other services provided include:
- 97 percent provide services for seniors with Alzheimer?? 1/2 s disease.
- 86 percent provide services for the incontinent.
- 84 percent have a nurse on staff, with the same number dispensing medications.
- 72 percent provide wound care.
Most adult day care centers cater their schedules to the traditional work week, but some provide more. Here is a breakdown of when they are open:
- Monday through Friday: 83 percent
- Saturday: 7 percent
- Sunday: 7 percent
For more information on the survey, visit www.maturemarketinstitute.com.