- 71%: Percentage of retirees who are worried about having enough money for retirement.
- 56%: Percentage of retirees who believe their retirement will be as good or better than their parents.
- 59%: Percentage of people surveyed who have done no serious calculations of retirement needs.
- 37%: Percentage of workers who are forced into early retirement.*
- 28%: Percentage of workers who retire due to their own health problems.*
- 25%: Percentage of workers who retire to care for a family member.*
Top five retirement obstacles:
- Waiting too long to begin saving: 35%
- Health care and insurance costs: 32%
- Low-paying work: 29%
- Credit card debt: 28%
- Housing costs: 27%