- 60%: Percent of total health care costs spent after age 65 for people who live beyond 85.
- 35%: Percent of employers with at least 200 employees who offered retiree health benefits in 2006, down from 66 percent in 1988.
- 94%: Percent of employers offering retiree benefits who offer benefits to early retirees.
- 77%: Percent of employers offering retiree benefits who offer benefits to Medicare-age retirees.
- 47.8%: Percentage of male retirees younger than 65 with employer-sponsored insurance in 2002.*
- 21.3%: Percentage of retirees between 65 and 74 with employer-sponsored insurance in 2002.*
- 53.8%: Percentage of early retirees in good health with employer-sponsored insurance, compared with 26.3 percent of retirees in poor health.*
*Source: Economic Policy Institute