Marianne Harrison is now president of the John Hancock Long-Term Care Insurance division at John Hancock.
Harrison previously was executive vice president and controller at Manulife Financial Corp., Toronto, the parent of John Hancock, Boston.
Harrison succeeds Laura Moore, who retired in 2007.
Harrison has a bachelor’s degree in English from the University of Western Ontario and a diploma in accounting from Wilfrid Laurier University.
In other personnel news:
- Penn Treaty American Corp., Allentown, Pa., has hired Jim Von Bruchhaeuser to be executive vice president and chief marketing officer.
Bruchhaeuser previously was a senior vice president at M&O Marketing Inc., Southfield, Mich.
Bruchhaeuser has a bachelor’s degree from Northeastern Illinois State University and a master’s degree in business from the University of Chicago. He holds the Chartered Life Underwriter professional designation, and he is a member of the advisory board of the American Association for Long Term Care Insurance, Westlake Village, Calif.
- Protective Life Corp., Birmingham, Ala., has promoted John Deremo to senior vice president and chief distribution officer.
Deremo previously was head of sales and marketing for Protective’s institutional distribution group.
- The MetLife Investors Distribution Company unit of MetLife Inc., New York, has hired John Kennedy to run the wirehouse channel.
Kennedy previously was senior vice president and national sales manager at AXA Distributors, New York, a unit of AXA S.A., Paris.
Kennedy has a bachelor’s degree in marketing and business from St. Joseph’s University in Philadelphia.
- ULLICO Inc., Washington, has hired David Barra to be chief financial officer.
Barra previously was head of internal auditing at Conseco Inc., Carmel, Ind.
Barra has a bachelor’s degree in accountancy from the University of Illinois.
- Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company, Horsham, Pa., has hired Eileen McDonnell to be executive vice president and chief marketing officer.
McDonnell, who has been working as a consultant, previously was president of New England Financial, a subsidiary of MetLife Inc., New York, and a senior vice president at Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, New York.
McDonnell has a bachelor’s degree in mathematics and computer science from Molloy College in Rockville Centre, N.Y. She has a master’s degree in finance and investments from Adelphi University.
McDonnell is a member of the master of science in management faculty at the American College. She also has served on the board of the Insurance Marketplace Standards Association, Bethesda, Md.
- Jackson National Life Distributors L.L.C., Denver, a unit of Prudential P.L.C., London, has promoted Rob Butler to central regional director for the registered and guaranteed channels.
Butler previously was an external wholesaler covering Indiana.
Butler has a bachelor’s degree in finance from Bentley College in Waltham, Mass.
- Hales & Company Inc., New York, an insurance industry investment bank, has promoted Louis Caltavuturo, Michael Fletcher and Allan Keller to partner.