The National Association of Insurance Commissioners has picked Eric Dinallo to be chair of the Life Insurance and Annuities Committee.
The NAIC, Kansas City, Mo., also has announced the names of the other 2008 committee chairs and vice chairs.
NAIC officers, NAIC zone representatives and the most immediate past NAIC president met earlier this month to make the assignments, officials say.
Here is a list of the 2008 NAIC committee leaders:
Life Insurance and Annuities Committee
- Chair: Eric Dinallo, superintendent, New York State Insurance Department.
- Vice Chair: Sean Dilweg, commissioner, Wisconsin Office of the Commissioner of Insurance.
Health Insurance and Managed Care Committee
- Chair: Joel Ario, acting commissioner, Pennsylvania Insurance Department.
- Vice Chair: Kim Holland, commissioner, Oklahoma Insurance Department.
Financial Condition Committee
- Chair: Alfred Gross, commissioner, Virginia Bureau of Insurance.
- Vice Chair: Mary Jo Hudson, director, Ohio Department of Insurance.
Financial Regulation Standards and Accreditation Committee
- Chair: Joseph Torti III, superintendent, Rhode Island Insurance Division.