- 90%: Approximate percentage of all IRA assets that were held in traditional IRAs in 2002, compared with 3 percent in Roth IRAs and just over 5 percent in other IRAs.
- $4.23 trillion: Total IRA assets for 2006, representing a 16.5 percent increase from 2005.
- $16,770: Median annual income for the elderly population 2006.
- 45%: Percent of IRA assets held in mutual funds.
- 47.8%: Percent of an elderly woman’s income that comes from Social Security, compared with 34 percent for an elderly man.
- 0.34%: Average annual increase in median income for the elderly from 1999 to 2006.