The National Association of Insurance Commissioners has released its annual list of the organization’s 5 top-paid executives.
The top-paid executives for 2008 are:
- Catherine Weatherford, executive vice president and chief executive officer of the NAIC, Kansas City, Mo.: $370,000.
- Chris Evangel, managing director of the NAIC’s Securities Valuation Office: $307,878.
- Andy Beal, the NAIC’s deputy executive vice President and chief legal officer: $262,500.
- Brett Palmer, director of government relations in the NAIC’s Washington office: $234,000.
- Bob Carcano, the NAIC’s senior counsel for the SVO: $193,500.
The salaries are based on 26 biweekly pay periods.
Weatherford began working for the NAIC in July 1996. Before that, from 1991 to 1995, she was the Oklahoma insurance commissioner.